Graduate Student – M.S. Statistics
Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Colorado School of Mines
My name is Galen, and I am currently pursuing a master’s degree in statistics at CSM. I grew up in Tucson, Arizona before moving to Golden in 2015 to begin my education at Mines. I graduated with a BS in Engineering Physics in May 2019 and immediately began working towards an MS in statistics, which I plan to complete in May 2020. Upon completion of my master’s degree, I hope to enroll in a PhD program to study statistics and its applications to the physical sciences. In my free time, I enjoy rock climbing, running, skiing, and enjoying all that the wonderful state of Colorado has to offer.
- B.S. Engineering Physics, Colorado School of Mines, 2015-2019
- M.S. Statistics, Colorado School of Mines, 2019-2020
- Spatial statistics
- Cluster detection and characterization in point patterns
- Statistical applications to the physical sciences
- Outstanding Engineering Physics Graduating Senior – Awarded by the CSM physics faculty
- Ryan Sayers Memorial Award and Scholarship Recipient – Awarded jointly by the CSM math and physics departments
- Hyatt, J., Davila, C., Didato, N., Peon, R., Rademacher, M., Reshidko, D., … & Zammit, C. (2018, September). CPV generator with dish reflector and fly’s eye receiver. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 2012, No. 1, p. 030008). AIP Publishing.