Jason C. Ganley
Teaching Professor and Assistant Department Head
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
Background and Experience
My academic positions and research training have been within the fields of green alternative energy, energy sustainability, and advanced energy conversion. My published work and professional society presentations have covered a wide range of future energy topics such as hybrid vehicle design, carbon-free alternative fuel manufacturing and use in internal combustion engines and fuel cells, and so on. Further, I have developed new undergraduate and graduate courses in these fields during my faculty appointments. I have also involved undergraduates to a high degree in my pedagogical and alternative fuels research efforts.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri at Rolla, 1998
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2001
- Ph. D. in Chemical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004
- Undergraduate Laboratory Pedagogy
- Alternative and Carbon-free Fuel Manufacturing and Use
- Intermediate Temperature Fuel Cells and Electrolytic Devices
- Plasma Chemical Synthesis at High Pressure
- Electrocatalyst and Intermediate Temperature Electrolyte Development
- Combined Solar Thermal and Photovoltaic Systems
- Renewawble Energy Storage and Recovery
- J. C. Ganley, “Pressure Swing Adsorption in the Unit Operations Laboratory,” Chemical Engineering Education, 52 (1), pp. 44-51 (2018).
- J. C. Ganley, “A Heterogeneous Chemical Reactor Analysis and Design Laboratory: The Kinetics of Ammonia Decomposition,” Education for Chemical Engineers, 21, pp. 11-16 (2017).
- J. C. Ganley, J. Zhang, and B-M. Hodge, “Processing of Alternative Raw Materials: Wind Energy,” from Alternative Energy Sources and Technologies: Process Design and Operation, 2016 (Springer, Switzerland). pp. 159 – 180.
- J. C. Ganley, “A Homogeneous Chemical Reactor Analysis and Design Laboratory: The Reaction Kinetics of Dye and Bleach,” Education for Chemical Engineers, 12, pp. 20-26 (2015).
- D. Kumar, A. Dekich, H. Wang, Y. Liu, J. Ganley, J.W. Fergus, “Transition Metal Doping of Manganese Cobalt Spinel Oxides for Coating SOFC Interconnects,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society 161 (1), pp. F47-F53 (2014).
- J. C. Ganley, “Design and Testing of a Series Hybrid Vehicle with an Ultracapacitor Energy Buffer,” Journal of Automobile Engineering 226 (7), pp. 869-880 (2012).
- S. Licht, B. Wang, S. Ghosh, H. Ayub, D. Jiang, J. Ganley, “Solar Thermal Electrochemical Photo (STEP) Carbon Capture,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 1, p. 2363 – 2368 (2010).
- J. C. Ganley, N. Karikari, and D. Raghavan, “Performance Enhancement of Alkaline Direct Methanol Fuel Cells by Ni/Al Layered Double Hydroxides,” Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, 7, p. 301019-1 – 301019-6 (2010).
- J. C. Ganley, “High Temperature and Pressure Alkaline Electrolysis,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 34 3604 – 3611 (2009).
- J. C. Ganley, “An Intermediate-temperature Direct Ammonia Fuel Cell with a Molten Alkaline Hydroxide Electrolyte,” Journal of Power Sources, 178, 44 – 47 (2008).
249 Alderson Hall
1613 Illinois Street
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401