Jason C. Ganley
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
Background and Experience
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri at Rolla, 1998
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2001
- Ph. D. in Chemical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004
- Undergraduate Laboratory Pedagogy
- Alternative and Carbon-free Fuel Manufacturing and Use
- Intermediate Temperature Fuel Cells and Electrolytic Devices
- Plasma Chemical Synthesis at High Pressure
- Electrocatalyst and Intermediate Temperature Electrolyte Development
- Combined Solar Thermal and Photovoltaic Systems
- Renewawble Energy Storage and Recovery
Publications and proceedings
- J. C. Ganley, “Introducing Partial Differential Equations and Their Numeric Solution Prior to Transport Courses,” Proceedings of the 2021 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Long Beach, CA, Jul. 2021.
- J. C. Ganley, “Pressure Swing Adsorption in the Unit Operations Laboratory,” Chemical Engineering Education, 52 (1), pp. 44-51 (2018).
- J. C. Ganley, “A Heterogeneous Chemical Reactor Analysis and Design Laboratory: The Kinetics of Ammonia Decomposition,” Education for Chemical Engineers, 21, pp. 11-16 (2017).
- J. C. Ganley, “Enhanced Experiential Learning in the Unit Operations Laboratory,” Proceedings of the 2016 ASEE Rocky Mountain Section Conference, Cedar City, UT, Oct. 2016.
- J. C. Ganley, J. Zhang, and B-M. Hodge, “Processing of Alternative Raw Materials: Wind Energy,” from Alternative Energy Sources and Technologies: Process Design and Operation, 2016 (Springer, Switzerland). pp. 159 – 180.
- J. C. Ganley, “A Homogeneous Chemical Reactor Analysis and Design Laboratory: The Reaction Kinetics of Dye and Bleach,” Education for Chemical Engineers, 12, pp. 20-26 (2015).
- D. Kumar, A. Dekich, H. Wang, Y. Liu, J. Ganley, J.W. Fergus, “Transition Metal Doping of Manganese Cobalt Spinel Oxides for Coating SOFC Interconnects,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society 161 (1), pp. F47-F53 (2014).
- J. C. Ganley, “Design and Testing of a Series Hybrid Vehicle with an Ultracapacitor Energy Buffer,” Journal of Automobile Engineering 226 (7), pp. 869-880 (2012).
- S. Licht, B. Wang, S. Ghosh, H. Ayub, D. Jiang, J. Ganley, “Solar Thermal Electrochemical Photo (STEP) Carbon Capture,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 1, p. 2363 – 2368 (2010).
- J. C. Ganley, N. Karikari, and D. Raghavan, “Performance Enhancement of Alkaline Direct Methanol Fuel Cells by Ni/Al Layered Double Hydroxides,” Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, 7, p. 301019-1 – 301019-6 (2010).
- J. C. Ganley, “High Temperature and Pressure Alkaline Electrolysis,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 34 3604 – 3611 (2009).
- J. C. Ganley, “An Intermediate-temperature Direct Ammonia Fuel Cell with a Molten Alkaline Hydroxide Electrolyte,” Journal of Power Sources, 178, 44 – 47 (2008).
- “Development of an Honors Track in Chemical Engineering,” J. C. Ganley. Western Regional Honors Conference, March 27-29, 2020, Southern Utah University, Cedar City, UT.
“Advanced Catalysts Development for Small, Distributed, Clean Haber-Bosch Reactors,” A. Welch, J. Kintner, J. Beach, J. Ganley, C. Cadigan, R. O’Hayre. 15th Annual NH3 Fuel Conference, October 31-November 1, 2018, Pittsburgh, PA.
“Fast-Ramping Reactor for CO2-Free NH3 Synthesis,” J. Beach, J. Kintner, A. Welch, J. Ganley, R. O’Hayre. 14th Annual NH3 Fuel Conference, November 1-2, 2017, Minneapolis, MN.
“Direct Ammonia Fuel Cells and Ammonia Synthesis: the Role of Protonic Ceramics,” C. Duan, J. Tong, J. Ganley, R. O’Hayre. 13th Annual NH3 Fuel Conference, September 18-21, 2016, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA.
- “Ammonia Fuel for Space and Water Heating,” J. Ganley and C. Siebarth. 12th Annual NH3 Fuel Conference, September 22, 2015, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL.
- “Student Laboratory Module: Kinetics of Ammonia Cracking,” J. Ganley. 11th Annual NH3 Fuel Conference, September 23, 2014, Des Moines, IA.
- “Mixed Protonic and Electronic Conductors for Solid State Ammonia Synthesis and Direct Ammonia Fuel Cells,” J. Ganley, T. Olszanski, and N. Sullivan. 10th Annual NH3 Fuel Conference, September 24, 2013, Sacramento, CA.
- “Intermediate-temperature Tubular Direct Ammonia Fuel Cells,” S. Babinec, A. Manerbino, J. Ganley, and N. Sullivan. 9th Annual NH3 Fuel Conference, October 2, 2012, San Antonio, TX.
155 Alderson Hall
1613 Illinois Street
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401