Department of Computer Science
Colorado School of Mines
Office: CTLM 242
Phone: (720) 645-6413
I am a PhD candidate in Computer Science at the Colorado School of Mines, under the supervision of Professor Chuan Yue. Before coming to Mines, I got my B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees from Sun Yat-sen University. My research interests are broadly in the area of security and privacy, crowdsourcing, and machine learning.
- PhD in Computer Science, Colorado School of Mines, USA, 2017 – present
- M.Eng. in Software Engineering, Sun Yat-sen University, China, 2017
- B.Eng. in Microelectronics, Sun Yat-sen University, China, 2015
- Zhiju Yang, Weiping Pei, Monchu Chen, and Chuan Yue. “WtaGraph: Web Tracking and Advertising Detection using Graph Neural Networks.” in IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P), 2022.
- Weiping Pei, Zhiju Yang, Monchu Chen, and Chuan Yue. “Quality Control in Crowdsourcing based on Fine-Grained Behavioral Features.” in ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW), 2021.
- Weiping Pei, Arthur Mayer, Kaylynn Tu, and Chuan Yue. “Attention Please: Your Attention Check Questions in Survey Studies Can Be Automatically Answered.” in The Web Conference (WWW), 2020.
- Youye Xie, Zifan Wang, Weiping Pei, and Gongguo Tang. “Fast Approximation of Non-Negative Sparse Recovery via Deep Learning.” in IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), 2019.
- Weiping Pei, Youye Xie, and Gongguo Tang. “Spammer Detection via Combined Neural Network.” in International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining in Pattern Recognition (MLDM), 2018.
- Weiping Pei, Jun Wang, Xubin Xu, Zhengwei Wu, and Xiaorong Du. “An embedded 6-axis sensor based recognition for tennis stroke.” in IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), 2017.
- CSCI474/574 – Introduction to Cryptography/Theory of Cryptography, Spring 2022
- CSCI585 – Information Security and Privacy, Fall 2021
- President of Women in Cyber Security (WiCyS) Student Chapter at Mines, 10/2020 – Present.
- Help mentor graduate, undergraduate, and high school students on research projects in security and privacy.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding CS PhD Student Award at Mines in 2021
- Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC) Student Scholarship in 2018