Wendy D. Fisher
Associate Department Head and Teaching Associate Professor
Department of Computer Science
I am a Teaching Associate Professor and a proud alumni of Mines! My research was focused in applied machine learning using Geophysical data. The understating and use of various data structures to efficiently store and work with the massive amounts of data we collected was critical. I am dedicated to taking this journey with you and supporting you as you expand your computer science knowledge.
- B.S. Computer Science Wright State University 1996
- M.S. Computer Science Colorado School of Mines 2014
- Ph.D. Computer Science Colorado School of Mines 2017
- CSCI 250 Python Computing: Building a Sensor System
- CSCI 261 Programming Concepts (C++)
- CSCI 262 Data Structures (C++)
- CSCI 303 Data Science
- CSCI 470 Machine Learning
- W. Fisher (Belcher) and T. Camp, Unsupervised Learning: Detecting events in earth dam and levee data, Proceedings of the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 15), CD proceedings, 2015.
- W. Fisher (Belcher), T. Camp, and V. Krzhizhanovskaya, Detecting erosion events in earth dam and levee passive seismic data with clustering, Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), 2015.
- W. Fisher, T. Camp, and V. Krzhizhanovskaya, Crack detection in earth dam and levee passive seismic data using support vector machines, Procedia Computer Science, vol. 80, pp. 577-586, 2016.
- W. Fisher, C. Rader, and T. Camp, Online Programming Tutors or Paper Study Guides?, Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), 2016.
- W. D. Fisher, T. K. Camp, and V. V. Krzhizhanovskaya, Anomaly detection in earth dam and levee passive seismic data using support vector machines and automatic feature selection, Journal of Computational Science, vol. 20, pp. 143-153, 2017.
- W. Fisher, B. Jackson, T. Camp, and V. Krzhizhanovskaya, Multivariate Gaussian anomaly detection in earth dam and levee passive seismic data, Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), 2017.
1650 Arapahoe St
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401